Tuesday, July 19, 2011

WBFF World Championships - 6 weeks out

As of today I am locked and loaded and mentally ready to compete at the WBFF World Championships in Toronto. This year has been a roller coaster of emotions for me with the loss of the Ms. Fitness organization this year I had planned to retire and the encouragement to compete in this amazing organization the WBFF. My goal of becoming a WBFF Pro Fitness model happened during the Central US Championships in Kansas City which propelled me into the forefront of the fitness industry which has never happened to me before. I have since been contacted by magazines, photographers, agents, and PR representatives; and I am honored that at the age of 38 I have opportunities still available to me. One of these opportunities was shooting with the amazing and talented David Bickley...

Today I am 6 weeks out from the World Championships in Toronto. I own my own business and do not take any financial support out of that business to compete; so competing can sometimes be a challenge for me financially but well worth it. This past weekend was my big fundraising weekend. I had to raise funds in order to compete and I am thrilled to say I am 75% of my goal with 6 weeks to go. I started my weekend performing for Eden Nightclub in the Hillcrest area of San Diego for Gay Pride. I am still a working acrobat and perform about 4 times per year. I was dressed up like the Lion from Wizard of Oz and it was amazing. My weekend ended with my Winning Wine Tasting fundraiser and silent auction. I was blessed to have family, friends, clients and fans all together for this event. My client generously donated a beautiful patio experience with appetizers and wine that my clients gave a small donation to come to; and then hosted a educational wine tasting event. During the event they explained all of the Greek Wines that my clients had the pleasure of tasting and enjoying. I also hosted a silent auction during this event. When it comes to competing 75% might as well be 100%.....pinch a penny here or there and it is done! I am going to the WBFF World Championships as a Pro. I am competing in Fitness Model. And I am a force to be reckoned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment