Saturday, July 30, 2011

WBFF World Championships - 4 weeks out!!!


The WBFF World Championships and my Pro Debut are 4 weeks from today. So this is where I really turn up the juice. I pull out all of my secret weapons and really get focused...

I have received all of my suits and finished making my costume. They are all stunning and will really stand out on stage…4 weeks out is when I do all of my final fittings for all 3. My body doesn’t change so much that I have to wait until the last minute.

Opening suit – Courtesy of Malibustrings.com (my great sponsor)
     *needs sides altered
Diva Fitness Model Suit – PassionFruit Designs
     *needs rise shortened
Diva Fitness Model Sportsware –  Sharon Polsky Original (Yes I am a costume designer)
     *needs props finished

Checkins

4 weeks out I start religiously tracking my measurements and comparing them to previous shows. Checkins include weekly photos, caliper measurements, weigh ins and circumference measurements. I will do these weekly until show. For most people this is to make sure they are dropping enough bodyfat. For me this is not the case. I have such a physical workload it is to ensure that I don't peak too early and don't lose valuable muscle....What really makes competing fun for me is the process and the preparation. The science of seeing my body change is unlike anything else I have ever done in my life. My time on stage is just bonus. My measurements are right on track and I am feeling great. 

Nutrition/Workouts

What makes this show most difficult for me is that I have already completed two shows this year CT and KC, and although I did very well in those shows I saw some areas for improvement. I am going to step up my cardio and my functional training this week and keep my focus on those improvements.  I have not missed a single workout and my meals have been perfect. I really feel like I am going to compete at my best.
4 weeks out is when I start limiting my food choices and dialing in my diet...
Limitations - No Processed Foods (including rice cakes and oatmeal), No Nuts, No Alcohol (obviously), No Dairy....These are my 3 big limitations. All of my starches come from unprocessed sources like Yams or Sweet Potatoes. Then my diet consists of lean protein sources, lots of green vegetables, good fats and some fruits in limited quantities. Prep'ing this way still leaves me feeling satiated and full and my body really responds.

Typically 4 weeks out is when I can really lose focus but this show is different for some reason. I have never been this focused this far out. Perhaps it is the excitement of making my pro debut or the camaraderie and support I am provided by my pro family; but regardless what it is, it is refreshing.

WBFF World Championships here I come!!!

7 comments:

  1. I always find it interesting how each competitors diet is so different ,you say you cut out oat meal and use yam or sweet potato ,I have used yams in one of my show preps before ,and my last show the trainer who did my diet had me on just oats and quinioa ,can't say it didn't work because I took first place ,but I was so bored of quinioa and eating oat meal for snacks and with chicken was rather gross , how do you monitor what food work best do you just see what foods bloat you. And then limit those ? How many pieces of fruit do you eat the last 4 weeks out ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also noticed you have a suit just for the opening of the show ,what a great idea do most girls do that .it's nice not to have to show your suit your competing in at the beginning . Is your opening suit a little skimpier then your fitness model suit ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish, So first off I have won many shows that my body wasn't the best it can be. I am always objective no matter what the results are. I have been competing for over 5 years so I just know what it reacts well too or not. Some is trial and error but it is always a good rule of thumb to start with. Leading up until show I only eat food that grow that way...BTW, I can't tell you how much fruit to eat that is based on your personal macros.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My opening suit is just a similar color but it doesn't matter if it is skimpier or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sharon! Love how professional you are! You've definitely motivated me to sharpen up on my contest prep. Thank you so much for sharing all this great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, the Lil'Green Dress is Lyndsay B. That's my blog.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lyndsay,

    Yep I'm really "professional" about my preparation. It actually isn't that, I tend to get stressed out really easily so the more organized I am the better I do. 4 weeks out is just a good time for me to get organized.

    Hugs
    Share

    ReplyDelete