Saturday, August 6, 2011

WBFF World Championships - 3 Weeks Out!!!

World Championships are 3 weeks away and I have a lot of preparation to do. 

My first real change 3 weeks out is my nutrition and workouts. My nutrition becomes more focused. I limit the variety of foods I will eat. I eat specific foods, calories and food combinations. Next, I am going to step up my cardio, continue my functional workouts and Yoga. Nutrition, Cardio and Training work synergistically to get the body I want on stage. Too much of one and I lose too much muscle, too much of another and I lose too much bodyfat...Get It!!! I'm ok with it though. In fact this is the part of show prep that I thrive on. Some say show prep is a science and some say it is an art, regardless what it is I love seeing how my body changes and responds. The best part about this is that it isn't the same from show to show. There are so many variables I can't control that I have to be dynamic with my approach. Constantly tweaking my synergistic combination in order to get what I'm looking for. (please note I didn't say what the judges are looking for it is all about my goals) This is the point where I track everything and keep the focus. Focus! Focus! Focus!


My next task 3 weeks out is to really focus on my stage preparation. Every day for at least 15 minutes a day I will work on my stage walk and my posing wearing the same shoes I will wear on stage and props. My body is different from show to show, so one way I posed in the past may not work for this show. For me I really have to focus on the backside poses and making sure I don't look too boxy. A little twist at the waste usually helps me with that.

My 3rd 3 week out task is to go through and confirm all of my travel plans this week. Air, Hotel, and Ground Transportation. I print all of those confirmations and put them in my travel binder.

My 4th 3 week out task is to start checking off my packing list and laying everything out. I leave everything out on my dining room table until the Monday before I leave. This gets me really excited about competing. You know there are always those little things that you think "oh I can't forget to bring that" well I just put it on the table right then and there (packing list below).


I know that the seams like a lot to do 3 weeks out but it allows me to coast for the last 2 weeks and at that point I will need all of the rest I can get. Focus really is the name of the game!!!

My Packing List
Bathing Suits - In Baggy
Outfits - In Baggy
2 shoes
Jewelry in lunch bags, inside of each Suit/Outfit Bag
Hair Stuff
Makeup Kit (small just the essentials)
Tupe Tape to hold my suit bottoms down
Extra Tanner/Rubber Gloves/Buffing Pad
Baby Wipes
Scissors/Safety Pins/Sewing Kit/Tweezers
Travel Mirror & Electrical Strip
Flip Flops
Head Phones/Ipod
Sweats to wear with tanner
Clean sweats to wear home on the plane
Food
Money
Cell Phone Charger
Photo Shoot Stuff
Bands/TRX

No comments:

Post a Comment